Sunday, July 17, 2011

Driftwood Decor



Tommy and I recently decided we needed to add a little color to our cinder block paradise...so we combined a few ideas we had seen and made it happen. We collected a few pieces of driftwood at Bikini Beach, wrapped them with twine...and voilĂ ! We printed off some of our latest/favorite photos we've captured here, that way we can reminisce while we study ourselves to sleep.

Summer Term Finals Week is upon us! Scared, yet relieved. However, as quickly as it ends, First Term Begins. Summer ends Wednesday, July 20...First Term starts Thursday, July 21. Ouch. By the end of the summer I will have completed 20 credits and my business pre-reqs will finally be done! One another note, CONGRATS to Jessbabe who is graduating this Friday from BYU-I. Wish we could be there...

We've been surfing as much as we can, all things considered. The waves are pretty sparse during the summer, but the sea turtles aren't. They are out with us every time we go...scaring me at times when they surface unexpectedly close. We love the beach and wish we could get out more often than we're able. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Driftwood decor! Such a good idea. You and Tom-tom sound like you're becoming quite the locals; swimming/surfing with sea turtles on a regular basis?! Please, girl. You're living the life. And your photos are beautiful.

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm looking forward to our Skype date tomorrow!

kate said...

I love this! I just found a few pieces of driftwood by the river and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it...

Good luck with finals! The only thing keeping me going is the 7 week break that follows... your a trooper!

Unknown said...

Your driftwood decor is way better than mine. Maybe mine looks weird because it's in Utah? Gross. You are amazing, I can't believe you've completed that many credits this summer! Keep enjoying the ocean - the desert ain't so great. Loves you.

Tanya Rasmussen said...

That was Tan that wrote that.

AudyCamp said...

LOVE your photos...That sea turtle one & the sunsets & the rainbow...beautiful. Glad you can find the beauty between all the studying. :)

AudyCamp said...

Did I already ask you what kind of camera you have?

A. Verzello said...

HONU! Not gonna lie, I was a little skeptical when I saw the driftwood when we came over than one night for dinner, but these turned out fantastic!!!