Friday, February 19, 2010

I Take Comfort in The Sound...

{Note to Self}


I have been introduced to Pedro the Lion once before, a long time ago, around 2004. (That seems like forever). I was recently re-introduced to Pedro by Tommy--he was kind enough to include a couple of his songs on a mix he made for me.

When I first listened to Pedro, I don't think I was ready for him. I wasn't patient enough for his slow rythmic tracks. However, I think my ears have matured as of late. Every time I hear a new song of his, it's like I've heard it before, but not like all of his songs are the same. This explanation is troubling because everything is all so new, yet so familiar. But maybe they are familiar because Tommy has played them for me, in the background, while we were driving around...

So this entry isn't so much about Pedro as much it is about Tommy--and his music. I love how he is always 10,000 steps ahead of me when it comes to music, but he never gives up on me!! I do have a genuine love for music (thanks Mom!) but as I've mentioned music has become so much better to me knowing that Tommy has listened to it first, experienced it first, etc.

Ps. I regret not going to the Bon Iver show with you. Some day soon...
Pps. You could pass for Pedro if you dust off your green tennis shoes!


{she}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this.