Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tacos al Pastor



After "talking story" about legitimate Mexican food, we decided it was time to make it a reality this past Sunday. We slow-cooked a couple salted pork chops with a splash of Coca-Cola & liquid smoke {shout out to Tanzie}. Then I whipped up some homemade tortillas {ala Jude} and pico de gallo. Muy Riquisimo! We shamelessly scarfed down the entirety of our feast in minutes. All it was missing was a pair of Mexican Cokes...

On the daily: 
Tommy and I kicked off the week with day trip to Wet N' Wild...it was so refreshing to be out with friends and not worry about work or school! I rarely have those days to be completely stress free--it was highly enjoyed. As we speak, Tommy is scoping out the surf forecast for the North Shore and planning our surfing excursions. We can't wait to get back to the beach! It's been all studies for 6 weeks straight! 

TVA is a ghost town. I think we're the only ones that didn't make a trip back to the mainland this entire year. I've been dying to set foot on Arizona soil over Christmas break, but flight prices are extremely unforgiving, especially around the holidays. I just keep telling myself I'll be home before I know it, but then that makes me sad because I know I'll miss our Laie Paradise. We just can't win for losing. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That food looks amazing. Insert directly ... into my gullet! So jeal about wet and wild and surfing and your lives in general. Live it up!

Anonymous said...

So sad you can't go home. We will be on Maui for Christmas. Perhaps we could arrange a visit.

Is that place Killer Tacos still in Haleiwa? That is where I used to get my mexican fix.

AudyCamp said...

"You're killin' me smalls!" I could reach right through the computer & scarf it down!

A. Verzello said...

Mmm, we love tacos al pastor! Here is our favorite recipe:

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/authentic-mexican-food-recipes