Sunday, October 17, 2010

Maunawili Falls, Kailua, Hawaii










I finally had a free Friday night so Tommy & I hiked up to Maunawili Falls. We didn't make it to the trailhead till 5:15pm. The sign reads Maunawili Falls Trail open from 6am - 6pm so we made it just in time. You know I was freaking out the whole hike. It was getting darker and darker and I was scared of drug dealers that would hold us hostage bc we accidentally found their pot gardens. (This is all fiction of course.) We made it to the falls just in time for one measly shot. We didn't even jump off the cliffs due to the Leptospirosis (bacteria) that supposedly inhabits in the water. We ran out just as fast (if not faster) as we ran/hiked in. Luckily we had our headlamps to provide extra lighting, but I was still afraid that I was someone's prey. 
As they say, all is well that ends well...

We enjoyed some tasty fish tacos y pork chimichanga at Maui Tacos afterwards. So worth it!

1 comment:

AudyCamp said...

Looking at these pics Kaylea just asked me if you & Tommy had to learn Hawaiian language when you got there. So did you? hehe... :)
Looks like a blast.