Wednesday, April 13, 2011

20 Seconds MacGruber!

Tommy and I were warned when we moved into our new place that if our door handle accidentally gets locked that we have to break in and unlock it from the inside. Even though we were warned we had to break in about two days in...and again on Sunday night. We thought we had learned our lesson the first time! This photo sets the scene, the rock ledge, tiny pipes, and our bandit window.


So it goes like this...Tommy stands on the rock ledge, pulls of the screen and then pushes the window open. I, then, scoot to the edge of the rock ledge, grip the tiny pipe, inch my way over on my 1" tightrope and secure my hand on the edge of the window sill. 


Ok so it doesn't look too bad...it looks like 1' max between the pipe and the window. UNTIL you're looking down at the death drop below, constantly thinking things that start with "If I fell..." over and over. I can't even bare the thought of something happening to Tommy, which is why I INSIST on being the tightrope walker. Once I get to the window, it takes all my might, adrenaline to hoist myself inside. So dramatic...


Another perspective, the death drop from down below. All the while Tommy and I are pulling our break in hoax our neighbor relished in our live performance, as he was lounging topless in his recliner, starting at us out his back door. Before we started our routine we were greeted by a lovely centipede climbing on our rock ledge, ultimately compounding my fear for the evening.  

I had to capture these pictures so I can always remember our funny predicaments. I was SO frustrated that night, but I am sad to say that we will be leaving our palace so we can move into TVA tomorrow. Goodbye king size bed, high-powered ceiling fan, double vanity, walk-in closet, private washer/dryer, driveway, peace and quiet, fancy "Point" neighbors {Rod & Tan}, and to our glorious view of Bikini Beach. It is hard to believe that another 4 months have come and gone...and this will probably be our last move in Hawaii. We have made so many gecko friends and have been invited to more BBQ's than we can count. Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What no pictures of you in all your break in glory? Love your little house adventure! Glad you guys are well and enjoying Hawaii still! Miss you!

AudyCamp said...

Ok that makes my palms sweaty reading that & seeing the photo of the drop down. You are so brave!! Holy Cow-at least you'll have stories to tell your kids w/ photos to prove it! Say bye to the centipedes for me.

Tanya Rasmussen said...

The Point is lonely without you.