Saturday, April 9, 2011

Technically...Spring Break


Winter semester has come and gone...three months down another year to go. The atmosphere is strange. Knowing that students and friends are done with their undergrad degrees and moving back home to their various states and countries. I am jealous, yet apprehensive. What would that feel like?! Of course exciting, but with undertones of fear. Where do we go from here? I know they are sad to be leaving Hawaii, although they've been cursing this place for the last year or so. Will we be the same? I'm still so in love with Hawaii, but I will admit it does have its lack-luster moments {mainly Laie being a one-horse town}.

Of course I am still stressing over my final grades {BIG SURPRISE!!}, yet somehow I have been able to enjoy my break from school:
1. Quit drinking Coke. Ouch.
2. Started running the Malaekahana Trail--finally putting mileage on my running shoes! Found myself jamming to The Cardigans & some Alanis Morissette...rock bottom.
3. Picked up surfing. Which includes me losing my contact, finding it stuck to my face, cleaning it with my spit and successfully putting it back in while in the water! Ta-da.
4. Having zero homework.
5. Wishing I had homework so I wouldn't have so much free time!
6. Only having one chill job...instead of two.
7. Spending more than one hour with Tommy, try 5-7 hours.
8. Borrowing bikes so we could cruise Laie.
9. Watching back-to-back episodes of 30 Rock and not caring who knows it!
10. Reading more than one chapter of the Mockingjay in one sitting.

I've been telling Tommy how much I have been enjoying my days lately, all thanks to the little things.

I'm turning 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in 8 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could celebrate with everyone!!!!!! You only turn a quarter of a century once!!!!! Please celebrate my birthday in true Jozie fashion: eating out for all three meals, having more dessert than necessary and loving every minute of it! {although it is on a Sunday, so celebrate on Saturday instead} Please treat yourselves to all of my favorite restaurants...in my honor! Restaurants like: Liberty Market, Chipotle, Cafe Rio, Charleston's, Granato's, Fire House Subs, Pei Wei, Settebello, Grimaldi's, Hot Dog On a Stick, Four Seasons Sushi, The Dodo, Matta's, Trio Cafe, Tucano's, Filberto's, Brick Oven Pizza, Le Parker Meridian {breakfast}, McDonald's {breakfast}, Schmidt's Bakery, Sugar House BBQ, Paradise Bakery, Costco, The Soup Kitchen, and the list goes on and on.

7 comments:

AudyCamp said...

I will try & celebrate your bday in true Jozie fashion...lucky me. Good thing it's on a SUnday so you & Tommy can chill together, watch the sunset along the beach...ok wait I don't feel that bad for you. :)

We miss you-I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen you BUT you guys are living the dream. We'll have to come visit u with the bambino sometime soon.

Happy "Umbrella-in-your-drink" Drinking. :)

Rodney and Tanya said...

Most of those restaurants should not be in a list next to each other. Thank you for loving eating out as much as I do. And thank you for being brave enough to admit that Hawaii isn't always what it's cracked up to be. We miss you terribly already. I won't start the countdown. . . Please borrow our bikes ANY TIME - I'm serious. Can't wait to CELEBRATE WITH YOU!! 25 YA'LLZZZ! Drinks on me.

kate said...

happy birthday in 8 days!

our good friends just packed up pulled out of town for a real-life job on thursday. i was so emotional! i cried for like an hour (so embarassing) because i was so happy for them! what will it be like to be graduated and have a real-life job offer! i can't even imagine.

p.s. firehouse subs is the best.

s.s. bazodi said...

I still have Hawaii withdrawals! But my Jose withdrawals are even more painful! Wish I could be there to take you to eggs n things for your birthday! Have you been yet?

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well! And enjoying Hawaii. (We are jealous and already planning a trip out there next year) And hooray for turning 25 (soon)! I really hope your birthday is awesome-- despite being far away from all those yummy places!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Mine is Wednesday but I am old, 28!

April birthdays are the best.

Jess and Chris said...

Ahh haha I think you were prob talking about me with the Hawaii not being all it's cracked up to be. I'm gonna miss you jozebabe. A lot. I will most DEF celebrate you day by eating chipotle, cafe rio, and Costco pizza. Love ya girl!!!