Friday, August 5, 2011

Rolling In The Deep


Lately, I haven't been able to get over this song. 


Tommy and I are about two weeks into First Term {4 weeks left}. Everything seems to be hitting all at once as I have three tests within 2 days...I'm already 9 chapters into statistics, 3 tests into an accounting class, and studying for my first test in another accounting class. Tommy doesn't really have tests to study for, his classes require papers instead. Either way, it's still work! 


Bad news...I lost $20 bucks yesterday. You know you're poor when you cry over losing $20! First off, I never ever carry cash, but I knew we were headed to Costco so I got $20 out so we could by our dinner. Some how I dropped it or it magically flew away. The bright side to my bad luck was Tommy sharing a similar experience he had as he tried to console me..."When I was in eighth grade, I put a $20 in a pair of my cargo shorts and when I reached in to pull it out, it was gone." Two words: Cargo Shorts! I'm still a little bummed about it...



4 comments:

A. Verzello said...

I found your blog! I would have cried over losing the money, too. Being poor is hard, but it's good because it makes you realize the value of a dollar. Think about it: if you care that much about each $20 for the rest of your life, you'll probably be rich.

You guys are superstar students! School will be over sooner than you know and you will look back on these days with fondness. Or not, but at least they will be over someday.

kate said...

Yikes, your semester sounds really awful. Sorry dude. And sorry about losing $20!!

I LOVE this song too. There is just something about her...

Rodney and Tanya said...

hahahahaha cargo shorts. Love you so much. Thomas too. Sorry about the 20 bones. . . it's pretty traumatic when you're poor as beach dwelling church mice (we been there). Keep your chin up and plow through that school. The sooner you finish, the sooner we Willie Wonka our way across the Continental United States in Ellie.

Anonymous said...

I would totally love to. I haven't surfed since I was going to BYUH.. LIke a million years ago. So fun. Is that an invitation Jozie?