Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Showers

I almost felt at home when the skies turned grey and blustery yesterday evening. How I miss Arizona's monsoon season?! The skies finally opened after I had drifted off for the night. I was violently awoken by thunder and lightning right over our apartment. I say violently because I was literally shaking in my bed! The lightning and thunder were nearly simultaneous, meaning the storm cell was directly above us. It was so loud and so scary there may have been tears involved...but in my defense, I was in a state of semi-unconscious delirium. This storm also created a pair of waterspouts earlier in the day...see below.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We didn't sleep much either, it was insane!

AudyCamp said...

Oh my gosh! SCARY!! I saw that video earlier today and wondered how close they were to u guys! yikes!

Jess and Chris said...

wha wha whaaaaat?! this is insanity. so glad everyone is safe and a little bummed we weren't there for the excitement! miss you jozebabe!