Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SheROX 2010: See Jane Run

May 8, 2010
Tempe Beach Park, Tempe, Arizona

Team See Jane Run 2010

All of us girls (mostly Okland's) were competing on behalf of Lisa Jane Okland. Lisa had an extreme love for outdoors and for athletics. From what I know of her, she was an amazing dancer and a preseverant tri-athlete! Lisa passed away in October 2009, so the Okland's rallied together to compete in the SheRox Triathlon in her honor.

 
The Swim
{me giving a peace sign to Tommy--haha}

The race started an hour earlier this year, which means we had to get into the water and hour earlier, which means it felt extra freezing at 73 degrees! I could barely catch my breath the entire swim, even swallowing five big gulps of Tempe Town Lake water. {ew gross} The whole time I was thinking "wow I'm really swimming in Tempe Town Lake--and I can't turn back now."

...almost to the finish line

Done with the Swim!

Transition--on to the Bike!

Biking!

Biking was the event I trained most for this year--and it happened to be my favorite event. I felt like I did way better than last year. I actually pushed myself and felt way more comfortable on a road bike.

...almost to the REAL finish line!

The run kills me every time! It is so hard for my legs to transition from the bike to the run! This event is where I could stand to improve the most. There's always next year!

I finished!

I was able to shave some time from last year's time, but not much! I am so proud of all of the other girls that competed for the first time. Not only did they finish, but they finished under two hours! Cheers to them!

Tommy!

Tommy is so amazing. This boy woke up with me @ 5:15 A.M. just so he could come watch me--and take pictures! It was so fun to see him before and after my swim...and I also scoped him out while I was biking. Thanks for cheering me on Tommy!

 
...and here are the rest of my fans!

A special thanks to Tarryn McCormick who relayed with two other people. Tarryn was brave enough to compete in Tempe Town Lake--while being pregnant. It was so fun to have her there--and she was even nice enough to stay and cheer me on.

4 comments:

emily said...

I think it's amazing that you did this in Lisa's memory!

Stacey said...

joz, so freakin proud of you! i have thought about doing a tri for awhile, but the swimming freaks me out...oh, and i don't have a bike.

you inspire me!

Stephanie said...

You are awesome...congrats!

AudyCamp said...

..loving your peace sign from the lake.